View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Moderator/Admin/Premier Member

Juanted is on a distinguished road
e90 Driving Impressions

So, after two days with the e90, here are my preliminary impressions.

First, for the obvious: The car handles like a dream, is very quick, and it stops on a dime.

Pros:
- Quiet, luxurious, comfortable, very tight fit and finish, overall a GREAT ride.
- LOVE the adaptive headlights; again, an "useless gadget" that you actually start appreciating and makes you say, "wow... not only is it cool, but hey, it DOES illuminate the corners better." Oh yeah, somehow it knows when you're making a complete turn (which makes the lights turn) and a slight curve (during which the lights remain stationary).
- Other cars see a fast-approaching red bimmer, and they actually move over to the right! Had I known this, I would have bought the car last year!
- It's a head-turner. I catch people doing a double-take. Very cool.

Cons:
- Don't wear sunglasses and try to read the stero/phone/bc display (I don't have iDrive). You see nothing!! What baffles me is that I did not have this problem with the X5 with the same red on black color scheme.
- Rain-sensing wiper still need some "tweaking." (Had the same issue with the X.)
- Cupholders. Once again, an afterthought.

That's really all for now... Just thought I'd share. I'm sure I'll have more to say in the coming weeks/months.

Kevin and Barry, did I miss anything?

Juan

Sponsored Links