View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 08:35 AM

RichardP1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapdoor
I am assuming (and from what I have read) that whereas the old system would read the TMC data and if there was a road closure, accident, holdup etc, it would pop up an advisory on the nav screen and give the option to divert, with dynamic routing it's all done automatically. Is this correct? If so, do you get any kind of message to say you are being diverted round a problem?

Correct. When a delay is detected you will hear the message " xxxx , the route is being recalculated" where xxx is the reason for the delay. Sometimes this can get very annoying if there are several hold-ups on two routes that have a similar journey time - but you can turn it off in the usual way. Occasionally you also get a message which is something like "There are hold-ups on the best route, expect delays" that's not the exact wording, but it happens if there is no route without a delay on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapdoor
As a secondary Q, if I have the latest BM54 tuner, is this supposed to have AUX-in and the ability to read MP3's? How do I activate the AUX-In option (apart from plugging in a lead)?

To play MP3's you will need a new (Sept 2005 or later) BMW CD Changer, the built in CD slot will not play MP3's on a Nav head unit. If you have one of these then you will get a new option under 'info', "AudioText". If you check this then you will get ID3 tags displayed on the Nav screen.

You need to get a cable to activate AUX-In, its quite easy to install yourself but it's not just a simple cable. There is a schematic for it somewhere (can't remember where) but basically it has a 300 K Ohm resistor between right and left channels. The radio uses the resistance value to determine if it should give the Aux option when cycling through the various sources.

Sponsored Links