View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 06:35 PM

PersonaNonGrata is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Joel
Go to www.bimmian.com, click on the X5, and look at the shark fin antenna... Would someone please tell me the point? Why would you spend $45 on a fake antenna that doesn't work? I'd be embarrased to go to my dealer with that... ("Hey, look at that loser who doesn't have GPS but wants people to think he does!")
I'm sorry, but I don't see the point.
Neither do I. A friend of mine bought one and put it on his E46 330Ci. It's so stupid. I have told him so many times to take it off before I just rip it off for him. He has not removed it and it has now been about a year. He thinks it looks cool. I pointed out to him that it doesn't even sit flush against the roof and that if you look closely, you can see daylight underneath the parts that don't sit flush. He thinks it updates the look of his '02. I told him that to do that he'd have to change out his rear lights to LED's. Whatever. It's such a shame. He could make that car look so cool but he does stupid shit like that. He also put chromed OEM 17" sport wheels on it despite me telling him that they will look smaller and he should spend the money on a set of 18's. Sure enough, the wheels look smaller than before.

He occasionally laments that he should have spent the extra money and bought an E46 M3. I'd hate to see a fake shark fin on that if he had bought one of those.

Sponsored Links