View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 09:57 PM

bmwnavnewbie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx3

What your also not understanding, is that the BMW nav system was never meant to be upgraded @ home by customers. It was set up originally that only dealers were supposed to be doing the upgrades with BMW APPROVED CD's (and then later I think through the BMW dealer online website). Then the nav images got out - and what do you know - now were all burning them and installing them ourselves.
Well that's a good point. But I suspect that the dealers have to redo this more often than they desire.

And hey - I dislike MS's faulty S/W as much as anyone else out there. I battle with their products hourly. Although Apple is no better - artificially keeping prices high, and doing annoying things like loading your computer up with itunes junk even if you're just trying to download quicktime. My only point was that MS has done a good job of making downloads relatively reliable in that they don't irrevocably crash your computer.

I was just interested in people's opinions. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Sponsored Links