View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 07:50 PM
..make it happn' capn'

Wagner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupe10123
He's not inaccurate in what he said. Five years later, in a much more confined geographic area and with more financial resources - I would have expected NYC to be much further along than it is.

I was in New Orleans this past Feb and was surprised by the amount of clean-up that had taken place. Ofcourse they gave priority to the business districts downtown and by the French Quarter as these areas produce additional revenues to fund other clean-up efforts. And yes it appears as though wealthier suburbs get attention prior to the poor areas (I assume political and other economic reasons for this too). But overall, considering the geographic scale of the damage, I'd say it's moving quite a bit faster than NYC.

If only that pesky Hudson River wasn't being kept out of Manhatten by the foundation of the twin towers....

I think it is a little more difficult to work in a city like New York then Nagin realizes.

An unwavering defender of those I see worth protecting.

"promote the general welfare, not provide the general welfare"

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Sponsored Links