View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 05:15 PM

mwbbmw is on a distinguished road
Here's the answer I received from my SA:

"You have the answer to your own question, You're correct on the DSC/DTC on the 325I you're also correct on the airbags light on the X3." (I asked him about my airbag light not remaining on all the time as my '04 did - it is pressure sensitive and also based on whether the seat belt is in use). "The DSC light on the X3 will come on when you push the button once,what you're actually doing you're taking away the electronic intervention on the DSC, the vehicle still is 4WD, it just limits the regulation and allow some wheel spinning in the event that you need to rock the vehicle or get a run on a hill."

So, the 3 series will turn off DSC with one push. Holding it down turns off DSC and DTC. On the X3, your only option is to turn off DSC but the "other" remains on as it is a feature of the all wheel drive system.
If God had intended man to walk or fly, he would not have made BMWs!

Sponsored Links