Thread: Parrot BT kit
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 02:30 AM

Jeff330xi is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Parrot BT kit

Just thought I would share this with the group. We have the BT in the X5 and I really wanted something similiar in my GMC truck. I recently added the Parrot 3200 LS and it works great. It has most of the features that the BMW BT does plus a few others. One feature I like is you have the ability to transfer the call back the head set by pressing the talk button. Great for times when you have a passenger and need to have a semi private call. Sound quality on both sides is very good, better than the BMW... people tell me that they can't tell I'm using a hands free kit.

It also has the ability to easily switch between pair devices. The only option I wish it (and the BMW BT kit) had was a mute button. I'm probably going to put a switch on the MIC and make my own muting circuit.

I bought the kit from Costco.com, it was a little more $, but I love the 'no questions asked' return policy if I have problems. I bought installation cables from Quick Connect which made the installation a no brainer. They have an adapter to allow you to use the steering wheel controls from the BMW, which makes this an alternative to the integrated kit.

-Jeff

Sponsored Links