View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 05:56 AM

Winkle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens
I downloaded and burned the V28 image, then went to update both MKIV nav systems in our Z4 and X3. Both updated apparently fine. I then loaded nav discs in both. The Z4 worked as usual, both with an original nav DVD and with a backup disc I'd burned myself. However, the X3 will no longer recognize a nav DVD. It just keeps saying either to wait a moment or that there is no nav disc in the drive. I've tried yanking the fuse to reboot the unit as well as downgrading to v27 then back up to the current version, but nothing seems to help. (It's worth noting that it no longer will read the DVD in version 27, either.)

Any ideas what to try next? The dealer is an hour away and I'd love to avoid killing the time that will be required to have them deal with this.
It would be helpful if you explained what the format (RAR, ISO etc.) was of your downloaded file & how you burnt it. Your V28 CD obviously has corrupt files - there is nothing wrong with your Nav computers. There are many cleverer IT people than me on this forum who can help.

Here's a suggestion: Download UltraISO & use it to burn two ISO images to your HDD.

1. Burn an ISO image of your downloaded file.
2. Burn an ISO image of the V28 disk you created.

Then use Alcohol 120% to burn two V28 CD's from each HDD ISO image - at 1x speed only! I'll bet (1.) will solve your agony.

Sponsored Links