Thread: The War
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 03:39 PM
..make it happn' capn'

Wagner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5273
Not true at all. The Middle East was very peaceful during the 18th and 19th centuries, while Europe and the United States had constant wars during this time period. Things did not become violent in this area until the Europeans came in the late 19th century.

You make it sound like the number of extremists is a fixed number. If that was the case, we would have killed almost all of them by now. Every day we hear reports that we killed 20, 50, 80, etc. How many are there exactly?

Do you not realize that this war has caused the number of extremists to increase substantially?

I don't buy for a second that any significant number of extremists have come from other countries to Iraq. I think the extremists we are fighting in Iraq are new extremists who were mostly regular Iraqis prior to 2003, and who joined extremist groups after a family member, friend, or someone they knew was killed by US forces, Shiite death squads, or Sunni insurgents. And what is obvious is that the number of extremists is still increasing every day.

War and death makes normal people into extremists.

Well you left out everything up until the 18th century....

The number of extremist will increase REGARDLESS of a war. The fact of the matter is these extremists are simply looking for a cause. I saw a picture of a 7 year old with an Al-Sadr shirt on chanting "down with the US". Yeah...sure he has just cause...

As for the French flag F-up, my bad. But I thought someone had a Frenchy comment earlier hahaha.

An unwavering defender of those I see worth protecting.

"promote the general welfare, not provide the general welfare"

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Sponsored Links