View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 02:57 AM

JayBee is on a distinguished road
Just wanted to say Hi - Introduce Myself

Hey Guys, my first post on the forum. Not sure where you are all based, however after searching for some time looking for various information on my X5 I came accross this site. I have already done alot of reading and must compliment you on the information available. I have come from an australian based forum for my previous car in which a similar passion for our vehicles was shown.

A little about myself, I am in Melbourne Australia (any other aussie's here?)and have just purchased a 2005 3.0l X5 Diesel. Decided against the 4.6l as petrol here is becoming ultra expensive and the diesel offerred better re-sale as well down the track. A big change for me as I am normally a performance car person, just stepping out of a 305rwkw (400+Hp) Ford Falcon Turbo, which I know are only sold in Aus (happy to put up pics if you like). The change is very much from one end of the scale to the other, however to say I am happy with the X5 so far is an understatement.

I suppose I have all the usual questions, what are the most obvious mods to do? And what are things to watch out for?

The basis of me ending up on this site was looking for information on Ipod connectivity, in which I was extremely confused about and was not prepared to pay the $500 AUD my dealer wanted. By spending a good 30 minutes here all my questions have been answered and I think I know which direction I will head in in relation the the Ipod.

Anyway, just wanted to say G'day and hopefully I can become part of the furniture around here, and make some valuable contribution as my knowledge on the X5 increases.

Happy to hear any information or ideas you have!

Cheers
JB

Sponsored Links