View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 12:02 PM

toffeefella is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoimin
I think someone mentioned faster response in another thread. Guess we'll find out in a little bit =)

edit: I just updated, and I can't really tell any differences other than a changed software version to 4-1/80. The upgrade was a success.

I was honestly hoping for traffic information, but I suppose that's far fetched.\

There will be someone who will undoubtedly ask how to upgrade, and since I have plenty of time, I'll provide some instructions for how I did it.
1 - I used two programs: WinRAR from www.rarsoft.com and ImgBurn from www.imgburn.com. Just install both with the default options.
2 - Download from the megaupload link from above by clicking it, entering the three digit/letter alphanumberic verification code in the space provided, and submit. Once done, wait about 45 seconds. Some ads will probably pop up, obscurring the download link, so just close any windows or floating ads by clicking the 'x'. Click download at the end of 45 seconds and save to disk.
3 - Right click the file that just downloaded, and select 'extract to bmw v28\' and wait a minute for the program to decompress the two files.
4 - Open ImgBurn, insert a CD into your burner (and wait while it spins up0, and under 'Source' click the icon for 'Browse for a file'. From there, point the file browser the location of v28.mds, which was performed in step 3.
5 - I burn max speed, but generally a slower speed results in a more stable burn, so I suggest burning at the minimum speed. Click the giant burn button and let it do its job.
6 - Take the finished cd to the car. I turn the key to the first position and let everything boot and stabilize. I then eject the Navigation Map, insert the cd, and sit and wait in the car. The process claims to take 6 minutes, but it feels far less than that. Once the process finishes, the screen will tell you to remove the cd, which you should and insert back the map disc. Give it a minute to reboot, and it should have finished.
I have done all of the steps mentioned but when I insert the CD the screen displays that it is an incorrect CD/DVD then spits out the CD from the drive.
I have a MKIV Sat NAV 2003. Any ideas what is wrong ?

Sponsored Links