Thread: Placed an Order
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 02:16 PM

PatX is on a distinguished road
Placed an Order

Well, the lease on my 3.0 Black Saph w/Truffle (actually, my car is the one in the Interior Color Pages!) is finally up.

I was pretty distressed about the price increases since '04, so while I was waiting for the '07 lease prices to break, I looked at just about everything else out there: Q7, ML, GL, SRX, MDX, XC90, RRSport, MKX (gak!), Lexus GX and LX, Acadia, and the list goes on.

Well, with the lease price breaks, and a bit of pressure, I was able to get into a deal for a new X5. Yes, it costs more than I hoped, but I think that if I got anything else, I would have envied every one that I saw on the streets.

I did Black Saph on Black, Prem, Sport, Tech, Cold, Rear Clim, Rear Seat Heat, Comfort Access, and Third Row (only because it makes the second row much better, and what the heck, I might need it once or twice).

Honestly, though, the only contenders were the Q7 and the GL. The GL was a great value for the money, but it was just too big. The Q7 has a more useable third row than the X5, but it doesn't get much press, and you rarely see them on the road. However, for just a few bucks more a month, you can get the 4.2L 8 Cyl in the Q7. But, it just doesn't feel the same.

I do not understand, though, just why BMW took away useful features (glasses holder up front, second row power recline, and the ability to use the vertical seperation net - I guess that I need to sell my old one now.)

Well, now all I have to do is wait for the end of April....

Sponsored Links