View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 10:12 PM

RealShakaZulu is on a distinguished road
You Krazay' o' Sometin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6IS 345HP
ATTENTION: BRAKE dust is the easy part...dish washing soap even works, but this thread was intended for the guys having problems with their rims getting stained ..its almost like a yellowish tarnish ...with little black dots..it may occur when u dont give ur wheels a good clean. TRUST me, u will know what i mean when u have it. I just had to USE the COMET though...i tried everything, it says not to use on painted surfaces, and our rims are painted but waxed...so i just re wax the wheel after it is spic and span.

good luck!
Okay, where do I start... please discontinue using Comet on your rims or any other part of your X. No Comet product is safe on ceramics or glass surfaces because it is a mild bleach and contains abrasives that will scratch the surface of an object leaving a hazy appearance. Now if you think that the micro layer of wax on your wheels is shielding it from the sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione dihydrate, talcum and other abrasives contained in the cleaner your are kidding yourself. Also, everytime you Comet your wheels the bleach serves to dry and harden your paint in a way that wax can not replenish.

Please search the forums as there are many better ways to remove these dirt globs. Poor Boys, Zaino, Meguiars and even BMW wheel cleaner work well. I am a fan of a clay bar (one specifically for your wheels, not to be used on your car afterward) or Wheel Wax. I have never not been able to get a wheel spotless using these two products, including Jettas, MBs, Volvos and of course Bimmers.

Sponsored Links