View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 04:05 AM

ccfj1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzieg
I have tried to test for continuity with pins 3 and 8 of the plug which incorporates the CD changer inputs to the back of the radio unit under the spare wheel (thanks John and UcrewX5 for your info - vary helpful) - but can't find any continuity with the output from the amp, making me think there is a problem with the wiring.
If pins 3 and 8 goto the cd changer then it could be that you have the 40pin Quadlock connector, in this case it will be the other pic and be pins;

Pin 6 Phone in +
Pin 12 Phone in -

Please confirm what tuner you have and the connector layout.
Quote:
Question 1:The plug incorporating the CD changer inputs to the radio (is this plug x13321 or x01037??) appears to run straight to the back of the CD player, with only 4 wires present - where are the other two which go to pins 3 and 8 for the + and - Telephone Audio Inputs (i.e. where are they supposed to join in the loom)??
This is the worng plug/connector.

Do not connect the Phone outputs to the CD connector (radio side), they must be connected to the AUX plug.

In both 17pin and 40pin connectors, the "phone in" is connected to the AUX plug/connector, please refer to the pics I sent,

B
in the 17pin connector, pins 3 & 8
C in the 40pin connector, pins 6 &12

If there is no connector plugged into this port then get one of these
http://cgi.ebay.de/MOST-Quadlock-Tel...QQcmdZViewItem

and connect it up.

If the connector is there already with something plugged in, then pop the pins out and connect your phone outputs into the plug.

hope this helps

Sponsored Links