View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 07:41 PM
co-founder

UCrewX5 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzieg
Hi,

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. I have finally managed to sort the problem out with Martin's help.

The problems with no sound reported on X5 retrofits often seem concerned with the lack of an amplifier (where there is no DSP). However, cars produced up until 09/01 (mine was produced 08/01) did not have telephone audio inputs on the round pin radio. Instead, audio from the phone was fed directly to the front door speakers via a second set of terminals to dual voice coil speakers.

What has transpired is that because my car was not prewired for phone, neither were dual coil speakers fitted in the doors. Instead, although the wiring was in place to take the audio signal to the speakers, the connections terminated behind the speaker, with nowhere for the audio to go.

I have now replaced both front door speakers with the BMW dual voice coil equivalents (part numbers 65 13 8 383 800 and 65 13 8 383 799), and hey presto! System works!

Thanks again to all who have helped.

Best regards,

Jeremy
Excellent feedback. I'm glad to hear that Martin was able to help sort this out for you

Xoutpost.com - where you come for the information but stay for the friendships

Sponsored Links