View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Vendor

el_duderino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkster
I know its seems at times like youre explaining something to a 3 year old but
I have a couple of questions that i wanted you to shed some light on once and for all
No problem - only dumb questions are the ones that don't get asked.

This may help:
http://kward1.homestead.com/x5sysdiag.html

We took the front tweeter, front mid, front mid-bass, and sub, and summed them all together into a full-range output.

Then we took that output and ran it thru an EQ to flatten the response.

Then we took the F output of the EQ and ran that forward to a "dual-amp balancer" (a fader knob) and ran the F and R outputs of the fader knob back to the F and R amps.

The R output of the EQ ran to the sub amp.

We highpassed the F and R amps using their internal active crossovers (so they didn't play sub- bass). We lowpassed the sub using the sub amp's active crossover (playing only sub-bass).

We did not want to use the factory 5000 Hz mid/tweet xover point because the speakers we were using (Dynaudio) sound best with a much lower xover point, such as 2500 or 3000. This helps elevate the voices into the windshield. (Remember that we installed the Dyaudio tweeters in the dash mid location and did not use the OEM tweeter location at all). Also, we didn't have enough amp channels of our own to run the tweets on their own channels. We had 75 x 2 for the F, 75 x 2 for the R, and 350 for the sub.

Yes, we used 5 LOCs on 10 channels. We then derived F and R by using an Alpine Dual Amp Balancer knob.

The installers you are finding are dim. Where are you geographically? I might know someone you could talk to. (The answer to their question is that they are on separate amp channels, so essentially they are on different amps. Even though these channels come out of the same "box", they are different and unique channels. If they were on the same channels, then they are correct, this would not be an issue at all - the tweets and mids would get the same amp signals and have to filter them thru passive crossovers.)

Sponsored Links