View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 10:42 PM

we350z is on a distinguished road
Wheels and Caps - Damaged Style 177 20"x10.5"

I was eagerly anticipating the delivery of my Style 177 20" staggered italian replica rims from Wheels and Caps today. Needless to say I am a little bit dissapointed. The two rear rims (20"x10.5") that I received are in totally unacceptable condition. The tape on the inside boxes looked like they had previously been opened, and they were both were missing the cardboard insert that the the other two boxes had, also all of the outside boxes are a little roughed up. Both rear rims have excessive surface imperfections (looks to be manufacturing defect) that are noticeable to the naked untrained eye, and one of them has a bent outer lip. It definitely appears to have been dropped at some point. I noticed this right away as did my U.P.S. driver, Reggie who marked it as damaged in their tracking system. The front rims (20"x9.5") look fine.

I have already sent them an email and left a voicemail message. I requested immediate replacement of the rear rims, and that my replacements be visually inspected prior to being shipped out. I fully expect to be taken care of promptly here. I also am glad that I paid with my credit card over the phone as opposed to PayPal from the eBay auction so I have some level of recourse here. Well at least my rear tires are on back order anyway!

We'll see how their customer service is, I have heard good things as opposed to the other replica sellers. Here is their warranty and return information should anyone else ever need it:

http://www.wheelsandcaps.com/warranty.html

Click the images for 2816 x 2112:

Berkeley:
German Auto Sport

Phoenix:
Babbitt Motor Werks | Arizona Bimmer Motor Works

Reno:
Reno Rennsport

Rides:
00 BMW X5 4.4
93 Nissan 300ZXTT
88 Nissan 300ZXT Shiro #853