Thread: E30 M3's- DD
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 02:54 AM
Scuderia Ferrari Tifosi

SANguru is on a distinguished road
LOL.. sounds like you have not driven a evo or STI. BTW, FWD = wrong wheel drive... no matter how you dice it, it's a poor alternative... It's also means that you have not experienced the joys of RWD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuneuro
Great advice from everyone. Thanks!

iop9000- You won't find many ITR's on autotrader or cars.com. Most of the ones for sale are in the forums like honda-tech and itrca.

SANguru- If ITR isn't a classic, why is it holding its value so well? Who cares if it isn't a sub-6sec 0-60 car. It's fast at the track, the best fwd vehicle ever made and one of the best overall. Every guy in chicago and his grandmother drive an Evo or Sti. Sti is garbage..mediocre handling and zero feedback, the boxer engine sounds nice though. The Evo is a fantastic car, but it still is like the E46 M3. Generic performance.

LeMans- I'm not saying leasing is always bad. Leasing would most likely involve me driving a newer Honda, none of which are that appealing.

rickp- A lot of it is invested for the big dp in the future, this is just having fun. I'll consider leasing, but the number one factor that affects this, is what vehicles are in the new market.

Wagner- New 3er for under 300 a month is cool, but it'd be the wrong 3 and with who knows how much down. I don't want to drive a new BMW. I can do that later.

Mister2- You and Josh bring up very valid (and real) points about the E30 M3. I think all of what you said is probably true. Perhaps, I can wait a little while to own one and not have it be my dd. Prelude handles very very well, esp because mine is an SH, but is still very different from an ITR. The ITR is superlight (relatively) without all the extra crap automakers put in cars, and has that really raw and direct feel. It's performance numbers reflect it. However, it is stolen more than anyone's buisness, and that is the main problem with owning one. I bought the Prelude $2.5k under marketvalue since the interior needed some tlc and the engine needs a bottom end rebuild. That's only $500 in parts/machining costs though; labor is just the fun I have working on my car. So perhaps, it'd be wise to keep it. A used bike would be a lot lot cheaper than any of these car options, and potentially more fun!

Thanks for the advice guys! You've given me a lot of good ideas to think about.

Sponsored Links