View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 07:34 AM

csetag is on a distinguished road
Change VR from German to English, need SES jumper plug?

I have recently bought a 2004 X3 (Euro) which was equipped with the Phone Professional (fixed installation in car using a SIM-card, I do not think it was offered in the US) and the VR-module (in German....).

Because of all the great information on this board I decided to change it to BT, replaced the phone for the ejectbox and ordered the new(est) ULF, part no 84109145007. The dealership where I ordered the items were somewhat amazed, they treated me like some nitwit for trying this and the 'whole car needed to be reprogrammed.....' Well, when I installed it it worked, plug & play

Only thing is that the VR is still in German and I do not like it that much (has something to do with that thing that happened about 65 years ago....). I understand that the newest ULF's have VR built in so I have the following questions:

1. Pulling the SES connection from the VR-box and putting the SES jumper switch on it would probably activate the VR in the ULF?

If so, does anyone here have a 'spare' jumper switch from their retrofit installation for me to buy (or otherwise I have to buy it from bimmernav etc).

Also is it not just some wires that get rerouted, if so , does anyone have the pinout so I perhaps can first try it out before ordering/buying the jumper switch.

2. What are the odds that the VR in the ULF is not activated since I bought it here in Europe? But if that is the case I understood that using the Navcoder s/w would be able to activate it?

3. What language is the VR in? Is it always English (what I hope for) or is it dependent on a vehicle setting?

Your help is most appraciated!

Sponsored Links