View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Premier Member and retired relic

Quicksilver will become famous soon enoughQuicksilver will become famous soon enough
Leverage in the ordering process could be the key. (You are the customer) If as you say, "you were told that it would be cheaper to add it at the factory or port" Then my suggestion would be to say "i'm happy to go thru with this order provided the Aero package will be installed at the factory. If not then i'll place this order when it is avaliable or from another dealer that can guarentee it's addition. Reason??? You admitted that it would be much more expensive if done at the dealership so why should you accept this extra expense and trouble?

So unless your in a hurry for the vehicle just tell them you won't accept delivery unless it comes as you specify, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers89052
Hi everybody,

I have ordered a 2007 X5 4.8 and I wanted to add the Aero package to it. I was told that it would be cheaper to add it at the factory or port. My dealer is having problems getting it applied before delivery and admitted that it would be much more expensive if done at the dealership. Again, the problem is that it supposedly is not available at the port or factory for install.

Does anyone have any input on this? Has anyone had it added prior to delivery to the dealer? Is it true it is not available prior to delivery?

Thanks for your input.

Steve

Sponsored Links