View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 03:49 PM

Chubby is on a distinguished road
Bluetooth Volume

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and new to X5 ownership. I've had several BMW's now, including a M3, Z4 and Mini Cooper. I've had the X5 3.0d Sport for about a month now, what a car!!

I have two little problems outstanding, not really problems but things I'd like to improve.

I have the 2005 3.0d Sport, MvIV Sat Nav, computer, bluetooth, TV. I have the latest software v29.1 and the latest maps 27-02. The Bluetooth is factory fitted.

The audio level for the bluetooth connection is crap. I've ensured that the phone volume is highest, along with the volume via the radio control and steering wheel control is set to highest. I've been into the radio settings and set TP to max (having had this advice from x5world)

I appreciate that the volume is affected by the phone itself (Orange SPV C600 - I know load of crap but other than SMS it works a treat whereas my Nokia E61 doesn't transfer the phonebook) and some will be better than others.

Is they anything else I can do that will improve the situation. Will a 13th generation ULF improve the audio volume? There is also amplifiers you can get, are these any good? Will the latest MIC improve the situation, given that people can hear me fine at the other end.

I'm also interested in configuring the Voice Recognition, I believe my X5 is already equipped for this. What do I need to do?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links