View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 12:04 PM

rdengineer is on a distinguished road
In my 2007 X5, the music functionality works through the 6FL option - although when I connect the iPhone to the 6FL cable, a message temporarily appears on my iPhone stating that "this accessory is not compatible with the iPhone". Despite the message, all of my music and playlists show up on the iDrive screen.

I don't know if the iPhone can be charged using the cable right now. On my phone, when connected, there is no on screen indication that it is being charged. However, I've read somewhere that the 6FL connection is in fact charging the iPhone, but because the current is so small, the iPhone does not recognize that it is being charged. All I know is that in my experience, the iPhone generally loses power while being connected, so I don't think it is really being charged.

The phone functionality, including my contacts list, works fine via Bluetooth, even when connected to the 6FL cable. I've never tested my phone with the Bluetooth turned off, so I don't know if the phone functionality will work through the cable.

I've read that there is a new 6FL cable that will work better with the iPhone - it will prevent the "not compatible" message from appearing and it will really charge ths phone via a larger current - but I have no idea if it is available yet.

Sponsored Links