Thread: TV Option.....
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 08:15 PM

rodybmw is on a distinguished road
Aftermarket solutions are available for the E60/E90 (and almost certainly E70) where you can connect a module to the screen and connect different devices such as DVD player, TV tuner, etc. to the module....then just switch between the different inputs to see them on the screen. The problem is that I do not want a solution like that. On our E53 the OEM BMW tuner (which was a retrofit) is integrated with the NAV computer, so you can use the same input dial that is used for other vehicle functions to control the TV functions (which is listed in the BMW menu along NAV and other functions). It's fully integrated without any clumsy external stuff and I would want the same functionality with the E70 retrofit.

I would love to find out any info you end up getting on whether the E70 is pre-wired for the TV module, and whether the dealer has to do any programming or is it Plug-n-Play. I also need to find out whether the tuner has international compatibility (PAL, NTSC, etc.) like the old E53 one did.

Sponsored Links