View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 08:41 PM

dbinc is on a distinguished road
DVD Headrest Install.....

See link for pictures: http://www.xoutpost.com/x5-e70-forum/...s-painted.html

Hey Everyone,

Anyone here installed there own DVD headrest entertainment system? I have read previous posts that people have been able to tap the wires somewhere under the arm rest console (since it is already pre-wired for the OEM entertainment system). I am trying to find out if anyone has instructions on removing the console or if anyone has installed it somewhere else.

I also want to find out if anyone has removed the backing of the seat so I can route the headrest post wires.

I was hoping someone already have done it before I try and break something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Update 1 (26NOV07): DVD Headrest System is about complete. Everything is now functional, only thing to do is mount the control module. I will post pictures as soon as I can.

Why I went with Vizualogic (Information below is from my experience and my opinion only, I am not here to offend anyone that already has Invision System or the representative of Invision here on X5world, I repeat this is to share my experience and opinion with the X5world community):

1. Looks.....you can see and tell the difference for yourself, this also depends on the looks your going for.
2. Cost.....a bit cheaper I believe (I did the install myself so I saved on labor too).
3. I Read up on a lot of reviews and called many stereo shops and they chose Vizualogic (who knows if they get better pricing or cut back from the manufacturer and that is why they chose Vizualogic, just for thought).
4. Size of the headrest, did not want something too big, it is a slightly bigger than the OEM headrest, but nothing where it is noticable, it looks like the OEM headrest (I found this out from another X5world member, I forgot who, but thanks for the information).
5. Color match is great, it is pretty identical to me. I am very satisfied, I will purchase from them again.
6. Features are identical, features listed below:
  • FULL FUNCTIONAL REMOTE CONTROL
  • BUILT-IN DUAL CHANNEL INFRARED TRANSMITTER FOR WIRELESS HEADPHONES
  • ON-SCREEN DISPLAY (OSD)
  • WIRING IS CONCEALED IN THE HEADREST POSTS
  • 2 WIRELESS DUAL CHANNEL INFRARED HEADPHONES
  • UP TO 4 INDEPENDENT SOURCE SELECTIONS ON EACH MONITOR
  • BUILT IN TOP-LOAD DVD PLAYER
  • BACKLIT FRONT PANEL CONTROLS WITH AUTO DIMMING
  • USER SELECTABLE BUILT-IN WIRELESS FM MODULATOR TO SEND AUDIO TO THE VEHICLE RADIO.
  • INTEGRATED GAME/VIDEO PORTS ON THE FRONT OF EACH MONITOR
  • INTEGRATED STANDARD HEADPHONE JACK ON THE FRONT OF EACH MONITOR
  • ON-SCREEN CONTROLS FOR THE DVD PLAYER
  • MADE FOR IPOD
7. Customer service.....This part I do not know yet, hopefully I do not need to contact them regarding the system, but if I do I will let you all know how they treat their customers.

Any other questions, just let me know and I will try to get back to you ASAP.

Thanks for all your input, greatly appreciated.

See link for pictures: http://www.xoutpost.com/x5-e70-forum/...s-painted.html

Last edited by dbinc; 12-01-2007 at 04:21 PM.

Sponsored Links