View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 11:44 AM

ccfj1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj10jeeper
Hi ccfj1

OK so I pulled out the ULF and new pairing button. Since it was lying on the bench reconnected the old Motorola gear and it worked (no surprise).
Good, get to a known state,
Quote:
Put the new stuff back in (ULF and pairing button) and straight away I get 'activate phone'
Sounds hopeful.

Quote:
All my sat nav, tv, the lot is working so significant progress.
Again good so far.

Quote:
Tried the paring. Ran through the process several times and nothing, no beeps. screen just sits there on 'activate phone'

I'm trying with a Blackberry Pearl. I would expect it to get something even if at later stages I don't get a full address book service.

I almost feel the pairing button is not being reconnised or working
I'd say your right, the pair button does not seem to do anything,
Quote:
Any suggestion next?
How many wires go to the pair button? you may need to do a bit of digging about to see if you can force the ULF into pair mode.

If you can get access to the 54pin plug that goes into the ULF then pin 32 is the pair button, this needs to be taken to GND (to emulate the pushing of the pair button) and it should flip the ULF into pair mode, you may need 2 people with this.

Do you have a non smart phone that you can use to see if the ULF will pair to a normal phone? but as you say it should try to pair.

I'd say wait for BimmerNav for assistance as tampering with the kit may invalidate any sort warrenty or impede support of the kit.

Sponsored Links