Thread: Lying Dealer
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 05:36 AM
SPAMMER

X5CA is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Lying Dealer

Hello everyone

The recall I was talking about in the other thread was actually a software upgrade , I don't know which software exactly but according to the stealers , It was that of "2009" who knows

Anyway ,

When the stealers rang me up for the "recall" , they promised me it would take not more than 5 to 6 hours as long as i drop off the car at 8 AM .

Today i took the X there and waited and waited , well they gave me an excuse that because i need my oil changed (which was due in 2800 kms !!!!!!!) and my microfilter and my rear license plate number bulb which was blown , it would take at least 4 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BS !!!!!!

I was like WTF !! You guys told me a few hours !! Oil change doesn't take more than 2 hours and replacing a burnt bulb doesnt take more than 10 minutes !!!

Anyways ,
I demanded to talk to the manager but as it is a Saturday , they were off .

Then i demanded a loaner and we all know how different people at the stealers have different excuses . One said that we dont offer loaners anymore for the past 3 years ( They had at least 20 demo cars parked at the back) , one said that he is not authorized to do so while another said that i have to take to the manager who was on holiday !!

JESUS !!!!!

I stayed there for 3 hours arguing for a loaner and finally when i spoke to BMW Middle East , one of the representative told me that "well the re-programing isnt that important so why dont you take your car back and come back another time" which was very weird because when i got the call from the dealer saying that it was URGENT !!

I'm sorry , I just need to vent .

Tomorrow ill be calling the manager and hopefully ill be getting a 3 series coupe as a loaner but its only for 4 days hehehe ..

Its funny how dealers spread a red carpet for you when you're buying the vehicle but after the payment is done , you're a nuisance to them

But at least im getting a free upgrade .

One other thing , when i was waiting for the manager and all that , i was going through the X5 accessories catalogue and i wanted to ask for the Wood trim on the selector and the steering wheel as well as the iPod interface (Add on) and guess what were the prices

1- Wood on the selector , 300 USD + 217 USD (labor charge ) , claiming that they have to be very "careful" when making the switch . Total BS . Im sure i can find a DIY here somewhere .

2- Wood trim on steering wheel = same prices as the Wood selector along with the BS about being careful (just an excuse to have a high rate of labor charge) .

3 - iPod Interface (Add on , that uses the DVD changer etc etc ) - 550 USD excluding labor .

4 - BMW rims , i dont really know the style but it is those ferric grey ones , 9000 USD excluding labor .

What do you peeps think of those prices ? BS , i know

Thanks loads for letting me vent Phew ...

Sponsored Links