View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 08:52 PM

SpeedR is on a distinguished road
Antici...pation - Waiting for X5 Therapy

YEA, I finally ordered my X5 and the Anticipation is killing me!!!! Only daily visits to X5world are keeping me sane. So I start this thread simply for therapeutic reasons.

I'm going with the BMW Performance Center Delivery in South Carolina. Only problem is the earliest day available for the PCD is May 8th, eventhough my X will be ready March 31st.

Here's what I ordered: 4.8i, Space Grey Metallic, Black Perforated Nevada, Active Ventilated Seats w/Multi-Contour, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Rear Climate Package, Sport Package, 20" Y Spoke Wheels, Technology Package, Heated Front & Rear Seats, HD Radio, Satellite Radio, iPod/USB Adapter, Trailer Hitch Kit & Phone Adapter for RAZR.

After delivery, I plan to have 3M clear mask installed (before trip home) and EBC "Red Stuff" brakes to reduce the universally hated dust. After the POS run-flats wear out, I plan to replace them with Michelin Latitudes. If someone wants the run-flats, please let me know.

I'm already loading up the iPod with road tunes for the trip home from the PCD.

Of course, I'll post pics of the delivery and road trip.

If anyone has any tips on the PCD, road trip, or ways to stay sane while waiting for your new BMW, please reply.

Sponsored Links