View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 01:39 PM

Atsound is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcx5
yes, it's the OEM run flat tires (dunlop sport maxx). there is no air in the tire but i was able to drive away about 1/5 mile to get home. the tire made funny noises while driving... so i went slow, just in case. it seemed to hold up... but it 'sounds' like it's flat. i'm not sure how it would feel on the highway...

the pothole was a pretty descent size... but i watched other cars go through it without issues... these low profile tires are partly the problem i guess... but for some reason, i feel like my old 19" Michelin Diamaris tires on my old 4.4 were stronger than these 20" tires on the 4.8... but that might be 'psychological'.
When you change your tire could you please check if your 20" rim is bend or cracked? I had a similar experience and drove on a "flat" run flat tire about 30miles @ 50mph and later i discovered my 20" rim was cracked at 7 places and bended at 2 places. I went back to dealer and they said it is not covered under warranty because i chromed my wheels. I just want to know if your 20" rim hold up on the run flats? Thanks

Sponsored Links