View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 12:20 PM

richie_rvf is on a distinguished road
CD was stuck in player - now cannot load cd?

Hi all,

first of all I would like to introduce myself, Richie from Ireland.

I drive an E39 M5 with MkIII cd based nav.

I tried to eject the nav cd because I just bought a new 2008 one but it would not come out, made a lot of strange noises, like a plastic gear slipping.

I tried holding the eject button but nothing happened, I tried disconnecting the battery in the hope it would reset something but no joy.

So, I removed the nav unit and took the top cover off to have a look, I could see the cd and on looking closer I noticed that the edges of the cd were damaged (it was perfect when I put it in).

I connected the power back to the unit and it tried to eject making the same horrible noise, the cd was just showing at the front slot, just enough that I could get a grip with my finger nails, as the unit was trying to eject I applied a small amount of pulling pressure and the cd came out.

Happy days - I thought! However, when I tried to load the new cd it would only take it in half way, I tried a few times carefull not to force anything but no luck.

I found a link here http://www.xoutpost.com/articles/all-...ion-drive.html

but there really wasn't anything to help other than trying to wind the tray by hand.

Do any of you guys have a picture of the top of the nav unit with the top cover removed and no disc installed? I want to make sure all tabs/gears etc are in the correct position before I try anything else?

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Richie.

Sponsored Links