View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 07:25 AM

jamesboags is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi5
For weeks now, I like many other E70 owners had a rattle. In my case it seems to have come from the front passenger seat. I thought it was the head rest but it wasn't.

After bashing the seat all over the place I finally located the source. The back cover of my sports seat (hard plastic part of the seat) seems a little loose if you smack it in the middle. I thought something behind it, maybe a spring is rattling against the plastic cover as I drive. I decided to get some foam and I stuffed it under the back cover between itself and the seat.

At first it didn't solve the rattle but as I drove along I reached down, grapped the lower portion of the back cover and pulled it towards me. No more rattle !

Next time i visit the dealer I will ask them to fix it permanently. At least for now I found where the rattle was coming from which is often the most frustrating part of having a rattle in the first place.

I must say my E53 was tight as a f!shes arse.
There are metal clips on the seat back to hold it in place, if you take the seat back off and put some packing behind these the rattle seems to go away... getting the seat back off is pretty tricky though...btw I think I have found my creaking rattling in the rear hatch.. more on that later..

Sponsored Links