View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 06:09 PM

mtech8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5_Newbie
Can anyone tell me how they are installed? Is it a big effort or are there any clips or screws for easy installation.
How especially with the footrest - with most of the pictures I do see 4 screws (hexagon socket / Inbus): are there (covered) holes there already in standard fitting?

Thanks in advance.
The pedals mentioned are all covers. Very easy to install.

Footrest is simply screwed on.

You will need a drill to go through the metal brake pedal after the rubber/plastic cover is removed. Gas pedal is rubber so easy to drill through. Then it's a matter of putting through the screws and tightening up the nut in the back (that's what makes it stay very secure and not move around).

Check out this link: http://www.xoutpost.com/articles/x5/i...pedals-x5.html

The BMW pedals are different. I've never seen them in person, but have heard that no drilling is required. Cannot confirm, but this is what I've heard the instrucitons are: The brake pedal is a simple replacement of the original rubber/plastic. While the gas pedal is an entire piece replacement. (I've seen pictures of it on eBay) it looks like you just unscrew and replace the entire part (slightly more than the gas pedal. It's attached to a back piece).

Juicer: Are you just going to put ACS gas over the BMW gas pedals? If not, did the dealer return the original gas pedal to you?

Sponsored Links