View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 05:47 PM

ZeroG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-bmw
The Z4 uses a totally different radio from your E46. However, that is most cool. The European BM54 board monitor radio (similar to your E46 nav radio) does the same thing-- I love that display. Unfortunately, the BM54 radio does not work perfectly in the US and it does not support Sirius.

I wonder if the Z4 radio would work in the E38/E39/E46/E53 cars? If so, that would be a huge improvement. The Z4 radio is the in-dash unit with the volume knob and CD slot. We could mount that in the glove box for a pretty major technical improvement, if it would work. The only issue may be that the radio would not work with the flavor of DSP that the E38, E39, and E53 all use. I think that the E46 and Z4 version of DSP are similar.
Oh Damn... that's right. I did not even think about the radio being different, I just assumed that it was something to do with the firmware. Hmmmmm... The radio module for the E46 is in the trunk, and the screen a CD player in the front is exactly that a screen\monitor and a CD player.

Bummer!!!

Sponsored Links