Thread: Newbie question
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 04:57 AM

davwanUK is on a distinguished road
Newbie question

Hi all -
been dropping in and out of the forum and must admit terrific wealth of useful knowledge.
New to the world of X5's - (my 3.0SD SE is on order from Sytner Canary Wharf and is due to land in 2wks time), but not to the world of Beemers (3 coupe and 3 saloon previous and okay but don't laugh so hard but currently doing a stint in a Honda CRV - I loved it sooooo much I'm getting rid after only 6mths!

I have some questions - all relating to a test drive I had in a 3.0Si petrol
1) The headrests - for some bizarre reason I thought headrests were the anti-whiplash ones, for some reason the headrests in the demo car were not those. Did these change?
2) The auto hold handbrake thingie. This was not present in the demo car (it was an 08 vehicle (March 2008 onwards I'd guess)) is it on some but not others?
3) 20" alloys the dynamic pack selection - I get the sneakey feeling these love being kerbed, how are everyone else finding these?
4) Fuel ecomomy - eeeeeek no where near the recommended 34mpg........wife is going to kill me.

On order - X5 E70 SD SE, Black Sapphire, Dynamic pack (20" wheels), Media pack, uprated speakers, sunroof, third row seating, heated seats, USB, folding mirrors, Xenons (why are they not standard in the UK!), Heads Up Display, rear blinds. Oh yeah insurance company wanted a Tracker fitted, plus as its black had to get that paint protection thing (both I have been told are must have's!)

Tah

Sponsored Links