View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 12:48 AM

halohalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y5choi
hello.

I got my wheel aligned after having the 'BMW Winter Tires and Wheels Package' installed at the dealership, and the car was pulling to the right shortly after.

They did the alignment for free because i bi***ed ("I have 2000k on a $90,000 car and you want me to pay for an alignment!!" lol) but also i think it was under warranty. Anyway, the printout reads,

"Complaint: Vehicle pulling to right. Since we put winter tires 'on' and the steering wheel is off center too(report first).
Correction: Tried to do 4 wheel alignment but ALIGn. Machine has no specs!! Used X5 As a guide did 4 wheel alignment with its specs."

Later they told me that they did it with E53 specs. I am no expert but was worried at first because for the new model the wheel base is different and overall size is also different. HOwever, I haven't had any problems with it since i got it done and also this is BMW mechanic at the dealer. NO more pulling to the right as well so i trust that everything is okay

Bottom line, steering wheel shaking can be a tire problem not with the alignment. I doubt that E53 spec alignment has damaged or caused the steering wheel shaking that you are describing.
Thank you for your advice. My X5 has had many problems with the steering since I bought it in the early 2007. Had to visit the dealer 3 times for faulty steering. Each time was told that the problem had been caused by different things and I was assured that it won't happen again. I share this car with my brother so I'm not sure he had hit anything. Dealer refused to align the car for free stating that the previous problems with the steering had not cause the miss alignment. They wanted to charge me $300!!! I guess kahn and keville didn't have the e70 spec in their computer too. I am just hoping that someone can provide me with the right spec so that i can compare it to that of the E53. Thank you

Sponsored Links