Thread: v26 Problems
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 12:11 AM

nitramluap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedar
I like so many others have upgraded to v26 and I agree its the best upgrade I have seen (my vehicle came with v22 - X5 3.0d).

For the first time ever today though my position was displayed incorrectly ! Now this maybe incidental to the v26 upgrade but my position stopped scrolling and locked about 400m behind where I was, after a major intersection it showed me driving across where no roads were and then it suddenly got everything right again :-)

Anyone seen this and is it a v26 bug that they might fix in v27 ??

The best feature improvement for me in v26 is the car staying in the center and the map scrolling continuously so you can always get a good view ahead.

Great forum, thanks !

Seedar.
(Australia)
Seedar,

I have had similar problems to the ones you describe:

- Occasionally the screen pauses, and then jumps. I'm assuming this is the map redrawing & disc accessing in anticipation of the next 'screen' of data to be displayed.
- Map redraws occasionally go haywire (roads are missing, and occasionally other details: rivers, parks, etc.). The streets are still there as far as the computer is concerned, but they just don't draw correctly. This can be fixed easily by changing scales - this allows a proper 'refresh'. I've tested this and it appears to be random and has nothing to do with the map disc inserted.
- as far as the car icon being way off the mark, it is much more likely to be a GPS signal issue. These units can only 'see' a maximum of 8 satellites (unlike other systems) and if the signals aren't great it will take a while for it to work out where it is. You can help it out by using the 'Input Position' option in the menu.

These are really all minor issues which I'm sure will be addressed in an interim release. My dealer even mentioned that version 27 will be out soon... although no-one can confirm this!

Hope this helps.

Paul Martin
Australia

Sponsored Links