View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 01:03 PM

Loki is on a distinguished road
20" 214's in the rain

I know there have been many posts about the E70 with the 214 20"s not being suitable for snow/ice/cold temps. I have already resigned myself to the fact that if I go with the 20"s I will need a set of winter rims/tires.

What I haven't been able to ascertain is how the 20"s will handle in heavy rain during warmer weather. I am sure they will be "fine", but can those with experience tell me how they handle relative to all-season tires in rain. Are they more susceptible to losing traction? Are they actually better is these conditions?

Also. I know that the 20"s are going to be much more susceptible to tire/rim/suspension damage, but I have only seen one or two posts that talk about serious damage (flat or cracked rims) on the 214's after hitting potholes. The highways/roads are pretty crappy here in downtown Chicago. I know there are a lot of posters from Chicago/NYC/Boston etc. Given the low frequency of posts concerning wheel damage, is it fair to say that this is mostly a non-issue unless you repeatedly hit deep potholes at 70+ MPH?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links