View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 12:20 AM

userix is on a distinguished road
I have the old school business CD headunit (has CD button instead of MODE), so I cannot browse by folders. Will the order of the songs still go according to folder structure? For instance, I have 3 folders (named B, C, D) and group A songs in the root folder. Will the OEM changer first cycle through group A songs, then go to B -> C-> D or would it completely ignore the folders and group all files in all folders into one giant pool and play them in alphabetical order?

Also, is there any delays in switching tracks like the CHA-S634 changer? If so, does it buffer the key presses so that if I hit the next track button 15 times, it will actually jump 15 tracks? Or do I actually have to hit the next track button and wait for the next song to play before I can hit the button again?

And my final question: would I also need to follow the specific CD-RW burning rules for CHA-S634 (no ID3v2 tags and ISO9660 DOS character set, etc) when burning MP3 CD-RW for the BMW OEM MP3 changer? The OEM changer seems like a better option for me, if it can still follow the folder structure order even though I can't switch between folders, because then I can just jump to a certain track and be within the folder (album) that I want to listen to.

Last edited by userix; 08-16-2008 at 12:25 AM.

Sponsored Links