View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 02:28 PM

primetime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM
I have an '01 3.0 with 83K miles and has only had the CV boots replaced, one window regulator and 2 Ball Joints on the suspension. I've not had a water pump, transmission or valve cover gasket issues that have been mentioned---I think those might be more related to the 4.4 engine. Mechanically speaking there are more issues on the 4.4 than the 3.0 from what most people say. Your miles are even lower than mine so I would say you should not have as many problems (since you are stretching out over time the wear and tear more than others with more miles).
I have the same model and year. Trust me, you'll need the oil seperator, and water pump done soon. Mine failed at around 90k miles...My valve cover gasket blew also, and then thats what the tell tale sign was that my oil seperator had failed..I had both CV boots replaced, 1 ball joint, oil seperator, valve cover gasket, valve cover itself, and a few other misc items i cant think of right now. The tranny issue is actually more common in the 4.4, but 3.0 tranny's fail too. Everything else seems to be fair game..just fyi

The oil seperator and water pump will definitely fail, its not a matter of if, its a matter of when..and from my experience and others on this forum it is usually near 100k miles...My X has 98k miles on it...

Last edited by primetime; 08-25-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Sponsored Links