View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 08:59 PM

simoncpw is on a distinguished road
Angry Umnitza - Projector 53

Hi all,

Some of you might have read from here (post #14) my recent experience with Umnitza...

A quick run thru of what happened so far:
1) Aug 16 - I bought their P53 headlights; full option with Xenon and matching bulb.. etc
2) Aug 29 - I got the a pair headlights that looked completely different; the same crap this one from the other post:
Name:  09292008485.jpg
Views: 2792
Size:  49.8 KB

3) quality are of badly made and poorly put together; and it started to fog / get water condensation problem after only a couple of days:
Name:  DSC_7271.jpg
Views: 2913
Size:  33.0 KB

4) then the supposely super cool looking Angel Eye started to drop off:
Name:  IMG_0030.jpg
Views: 2817
Size:  45.8 KB

5) and on top of all those, these headlights are uncorrected / wrong light pattern for the right-hand drive market, which I had specially specified:
Name:  DSC_7275.jpg
Views: 2869
Size:  18.5 KB

6) Sep 6 - they agreed to send me the replacement that are exactly what I had ordered from their web site
Name:  teaser1.sized.jpg
Views: 2836
Size:  157.4 KB

7) Sep 16 - they said replacement lights that they had ordered were broken, so that they are waiting for parts; delay for a week
8) Sep 24 - now they said "Lights are actually having to be shipped from YOUR area – well, Taiwan, the local area did not have any lights that were RHD compatible. This turned into a fiasco. Please be patient, we’ll get it for you."
9) Sep 27 - now they said "team in Europe to get me a Euro one, it will be 2 weeks, I will take care of you. Do not worry"
10) Oct 7 - now they said "Sadly, I don’t yet have one. I’m waiting for my local supplier to get them to me, but they are very slow."
11) Oct 9 - "Very very frustrated. The product we were supposed to receive is stuck on a DOT/NHTSA customs hold and may be stuck for another week, I’m looking at another source NOW."
12) Oct 15 -"Having a unit sent here for Friday delivery. Once done, we’ll get you taken care of and I’ll show you photos prior to shipment."
13) Oct 16 - and finally "Got the lights today. So this is very promising."

However, they are now asking me to pay a deposit of US$400 to send these replacement lights to me (I will return them the original crappy lights after I swap the lights out). But after 2 months of frustrating experience with them and all the ding-dong-ding-dong, I'm loosing my patient and not sure if I should trust these guys any more.

Question:
1) Is it normal that I have to put in a deposit for something that the supplier needs to make good for? It doesn't make sense to me.
2) I paid US$800 for these lights + international shipping... and Unmitza is asking me to ask his other customers to see if I should put in the US$400 deposit in order to have them send me the replacment, that they claim to have and ready to be sent out.

Any help / advice will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

(tag: angel eyes, headlight, projector 53, umnitza, xenon)

Here's the Photo Album of my (sold) X3; Album of my (newish) X5 is on the way!
(WARNING: read this before you buy anything from Umnitza)

Last edited by simoncpw; 10-20-2008 at 11:18 PM.

Sponsored Links