View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 02:16 PM

KiwiJochen is on a distinguished road
> The monitor says SW 3-1/63

That's a Mk3 with the last and latest SW version on it.

> In the settins menu, there is an option to change the language to GB, which i recon is british, but when selected, it just ignores it and keep it german.? Anyone have an input on this.?

Maybe it has a custom OS loaded, but more likely memory is faulty.

> Also, when i set time, limit etc. It seemes to ignore what i put in.. There is no time showing anywhere, no warning is heard when exceeding the limit i put in..

Note: you have to either set date before time - or time before date - for the clock to work. Try both ways around.

Does the time appear in the instrument cluster OK?
the clock is actually in the instrument cluster, and the nav takes the time data from the cluster and displays it on the nav.
So when you set the time it sends a "set time to xxxx" command to the cluster and the cluster adjusts its clock.
Then the cluster sends the time back to the nav and the nav displays it.
So a key check is to see if the cluster is accepting the time change.

Check if you can read the consumtption figures etc - if so then the databus connection to the instrument cluster is working.

But maybe the inability to remember/set time settings is also due to faulty memory.

Easiest way to solve would be to buy a Mk4 - enjoy much faster speeds, 3D display, and more...

> Can i update the software for this navigator.?

No, you have the last version ever made. There's nothing newer than 3-1/63

> Also, if i where to update my system, could i start with a 16:9 monitor with the current computer, and later on put in a mk4.? Or the other way around, start with a mk4 and the current monitor..

Either or, both ways work.

Sponsored Links