View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 11:39 PM

simoncpw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza
Let me finish this by replying to each of your points. I have been trying to make it right for you from the get go. The fact is the fact, the lights we sent to you were supposed to be better than the DEPO. We had lots of leakage with those, so we stopped using it. These were better. The continual claims by some here are just that, a bunch of nonsense. We ethically sell the best lights for the customer. PERIOD.

Right, the fact is the fact and that's why I feel the need to correct them when they are not, this is even more important when it's a topic with more than 1000 read within 4 days on a public forum.

RE your request
1) Your lights are being finished up and per your emails, pictures will be sent to you for approval.

You got a a reply.

RE 3 Customers
2) We have many international customers, repeated ones as well. The 3 customers I was speaking of were recent customers that were in similar situations to yours - meaning, they received a product that for whatever reason didn't suit their needs. In that same time, we shipped hundreds to Canada, HK, Mexico, Latvia, Russia, Germany, UK, etc. 3 customers all put down deposits, 1 of them actually sent cash using western union and was refunded when his lights returned.

I'm not sure what were the reasons the product "didn't suit their need" for your other 3 customers. But for my case, it's because YOU SENT ME THE WRONG PRODUCT / DIFFERENT PRODUCT / DEFECTIVE PRODUCT... whatever you want to call it, but it's NOT the product that I had ordered per the one advertised on your website. So WHY am I required to put a deposit to you so that you will correct the problem?!

RE Email Communication
4) All email that I mentioned proactively are NOT replies. Are proactive emails, the 77 other (now more) are direct replies, the others are proactive emails. If you have not received them, then there is a problem with the email service direct to you from us - maybe a spam filter on your end, maybe a problem sending to your address directly on our end.

So problem with the email service now? Ok. Well, suddenly the problem is gone then and I started to receive your first proactive email yesterday, and another one today.

Unless you meant the proactive emails were those auto-generated email from your mail server saying "Thank You for contacting Umnitza", which I did received, 119 of them now.
High Five and PEACE everyone!
Why I to started this thread:
  • I did try to have this resolved privately with Umnitza, but it didn't go anywhere
  • I did ask my credit card company to step in, but I held them off after Umnitza promised to get this fixed, which I believed they would but not with the US$400 deposit request.
  • I'm dealing with a company that is over 7000 miles away. I bumped into problems which didn't seem reasonable nor normal to me. So I wanted to double check, with someone who are familiar with X5, AE, Headlights, buying experiences with companies in USA and speak the same language (English is not my first language by the way!).... and this xoutpost.com seems to be the best community I go to!

So I posted my experience and asked 2 questions, and thankfully have gotten useful opinions.

I'm still waiting for advice from my credit card company and the Int'l trading department of American Embassy. I'll post any update and/or result when I have.

Cheers and

Here's the Photo Album of my (sold) X3; Album of my (newish) X5 is on the way!
(WARNING: read this before you buy anything from Umnitza)

Last edited by simoncpw; 10-26-2008 at 11:42 AM.

Sponsored Links