View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 05:12 PM

ca911 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime
If she does file an actual accident report (not a hit and run) then he can just change his story too. No police report on site is his word against hers. His insurance company will deny her claim against him.

Just remember, if you're in an accident and its not your fault. Call the cops immediately on site. If it is your fault, then let the otehr driver call the cops. Of course if the accident is serious and has injuries then call the cops immediately regardless of who's at fault.
Except in California, for non-injury accidents, where both parties have valid drivers licenses and insurance information police are only responsible under law to help facilitate the information exchange. Generally no report is taken for a non injury accident and the question of fault is left to the insurance company. It has even gotten as far that some police departments WILL NOT respond to the scene of an accident if no one is injured and the information is being exchanged..

1. 2005 4.8is X5 Sapphire Black Metallic/Black Leather, fully loaded (Nav, Comfort Seats, Rear Climate, Sliding Load Floor, Heated Front and Rear Seats, Aux In)
2. 2004 3.0i X5 Jet Black/Black Leather (Lemoned)
3. 1999 Saab 9-5 Turbo (Trade In/Retired)

My Custom X Page (Pics of my 4.8is)

Sponsored Links