View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 01:45 AM

Sergey77 is on a distinguished road
Jeff,

I'm just unaware on the timing issue of those challenges for BMW - to your experience, how often would I have to diagnose and change the oil separator granted autostart usage, say, each day during 4 months, every 2 hours for 15 min?

Also, they changed the separator placement from below the engine (on M62) to its top (on N62), and probably modified it - maybe it was the cure? Or no?

In regards to the questions,

1) Don't have it anywhere

2) When using 0W.., there is a chance of blowing the engine on high revs due to the rupture of its fair thin film, causing metal engine parts contact each other without a proper lubrication.

At least, BMW recommends 5W30 for my N62.

I was a Honda fan somedays and the only models that were officially instructed to use 0-viscose oils were S2000 (with its 9000rpm redline) and NSX, both with a definitely high compression ratio and extremely small clearances, between, for instance, cylinder wall and a piston.
Zero indexed oil was the case for engine shots when using on engines with lower tolerances, as discussed widely over the Internet.

Or I may be misleading something.

3) Thank you, noted. But again, why do you believe that, say, 90C of the engine after 15-20 mins of idling are lower than 90C on load, being insufficient to vaporize that condensate from the CVV tube?

4) I will check with officials, as there have been a number of threads reporting this problem.

5) Yep.

6) How often do I have to maintain it?

Just for the offtop record - what's wrong with Cayenne?

Last edited by Sergey77; 12-01-2008 at 12:28 PM.

Sponsored Links