View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 02:28 PM

generx is on a distinguished road
Thanks all and please feel free to email me with questions. Kamusta to my island brothers from the P.I. Glad to help out and it's great that I actually remembered to take pictures this time since taking off all that crap on top as well as the fan is something we all have to do at some point in time to get to all the mechanicals down there.

I’m in the process of fabricating a “fan tool” from a piece of flat metal since I’m too cheap to buy the $40 one. It’s a $2.99 Ratchet bar clamp/spreader that I bought from Harbor Freight and took apart yesterday. It’s about 13-inches long, ¾ inches wide and fairly thick:

I plan to enlarge the existing hole to fit the head of the 10mm bolt so I hope it’s wide enough, then I will probably drill another hole so that it will hold the 2 bolt heads on the fan pulley securely. They make this spreader in longer lengths too but they were out of them, I think a longer one may be better for leverage.

I’m helping my brother do his belts in the next week or two so I’ll see if it works and post an update.

Sponsored Links