View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 11:01 AM

X5Newb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5rolls
Lift and installation = $4495. I considered installing it myself but decided against it. Took 2 guys about 5 hours.

Had to get a garage door company to make my door a high lift - raising the rails up to the ceiling and changing out the springs to a single one above the door on the wall.

They reused my screw type garage door opener, turned it up on it's end and anchored it to the floor with the motor in the air.
Having someone else do it sounds like a good idea (for me anyway). Any pics of the modified garage door and opener? I'd be interested to see that as well. Also, how much did those mods cost? It all starts adding up

I was thinking of having the lift on the single car garage side, but I'd have to take measurements to see if the four post would fit and allow you to drive in normally. I don't have an opener on that side yet and I could potentially get it all fitted properly for the lift when I do it so it'd be great to see how they did yours.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and garage shots. Always good to pass such ideas past "the collective" to get feedback and point out potential issues before you even buy a product. I appreciate it!
, Mk4 Nav Retrofit, Intravee/Alpine/SpecDock, Cosmos Schwarz Interior Trim
Coming Soon: Hood Protector
Wish List: Aluminum Running Boards, Rear Backup Camera, 20" Staggered Style 87s (Black), Hitch Retrofit

1996 318ti, California package (plus tons of mods), Aqua Metallic, 237k miles

Sponsored Links