View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Vendor

detailersdomain is on a distinguished road
Detailer's Domain: Audi RS6 Spring Clean up

The wife's daily driver. Unfortunately or fortunately it really has been cared for since November, busy schedule, illness, family, work you name it.....its strange though however bad the salt and snow was this season the crystal rock seemed to hold strong for the season.

So a good cleaning and polishing with a coat of wax was due, as well as a complete interior clean up, 1 6 year old and boy oh boy....

Interior:
Let's say you wouldn't know she was married to a detailer, again with the busy schedule /cold weather /illnesses well you know the deal.

Interior:
Full Vac, Einszett cockpit on the plastics, dash, nav screen, seat backs, even the plastic door sills covers.

The leather of course Leather Master Strong cleaner/vital/protection, as for the alcantara inserts Leather Master Foam Cleaner and Leather Master Eco Nubuck Protector. (this cleaned it up and really brought it back to life.)

Windows with Adam's Glass cleaner and the Uber Glass MF.

Exterior:
The game plan for the rest of the car was a good wash, clay, polish, and wax.

I started with a spraying a generous amount ofP21S Wheel Cleaner on the wheels, let them sit.

P21S Total autowash as a pre-soak on the body of the car, wheel wells, tires, as well the
engine.

After we used Adam's Car Wash in the foam canon to clean off the rest of the car.
Rinsed the car down with the pressure washer. This cleaned up a ton of salt and debris.
I actually went back and washed the car with a bucket full of Adam's Car Wash and an Uber Yellow Sponge and did a traditional wash to remove anything else.

Claying: To my surprise it didn't need much, just the typically spots like the rear of the trunk, bumpers, and top (trunk, hood, roof, lower panels) nothing too crazy.
Uber Blue Clay bar and Optimum Instant Detail Spray and Gloss Enhancer was used as a clay lube.

We then moved on to Menzerna PO203 with an Uber Green Pad, worked out great spread the polish at 900 rpm with the Makita and moved right up to 1500 rpms it did a great job!
Wiped down the panels after the 203 with Menzerna Top Inspection then moved on to Menzerna PO85RD and the Uber Blue Pad to finish. After the final polish I did another wipe down with Top inspection.

Swissvax Concorso was applied and removed, the next day I applied another coat.

Below are the tools and products used:

Exterior:
Adam's Car Wash
Uber Blue Clay Bar and Optimum Instant Detail Spray and Gloss Enhancer for clay lube
The Uber Menzerna PO203S/PO85RD Kit
Menzerna Top Inspection
Swissvax Concorso

Wheels and Tires
Uber Wheel/Tire/Wheel Well Kit

Interior and Glass
Uber Interior Kit
For the alcantara:
Leather Master Foam Cleaner
Leather Master Eco Nubuck Protector

Engine:
P21S Total Autowash
Black Wow (on covers and plastics)
Einszett Vinyl and Rubber Care (rubber etc)

Exhaust tips:
Swissvax Metal Polish

Tools:
Makita 9227 Hi Speed Rotary
The Uber Foam Pads (5.5inch)
Tons of "Uber" Microfiber Towels
Uber Drying Towels

Cam Spray 1500A with Cam Spray Foam Gun
Infratech CM5300

Now to the pictures...

Since it was still early in the morning and cold I decided to go for the interior first.

Before:

Cleaning the interior up with vac, brushes, Einszett Cockpit

Some before and after interior shots:

After a nice cleaning with Cockpit

Driver's door armrest:
Before:

During:

After:

The alcantara clean up and protection process.

before (the white crusty stuff comes out or a 6 yr old's nose)

the first step was to vac it out then in the pics below the Leather Master Foam Cleaner was used with a damp applicator pad and Foam Cleaner was applied directly on the app pad. In circular motions the product was applied, then let dried.

The mf towel was used to wipe off excess and to assist the drying process

Door panel was cleaned and protected

After interior shots:

tel: 201-233-0003
www.detailersdomain.com
promo code is BMW for 10% off

Sponsored Links