View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 07:51 PM
*** Is this thing on? ***

B-Line is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pex5
My guess is BMWNA will reinstate the old M base money factor from 2007 of .00360 (8%+) which is Mercedes/Porsche territory and the residuals will be pathetic (42-46%) like they are on the 09' 7 and were on all X6s until February. And I think "hot" dealers (Miami, So Cal) will be demanding MSRP for as long as they can. At these numbers a 36 month 15k/yr. lease with no cap cost reduction could easily go over $2,000.00/month.

If you're buying the car, these numbers are meaningless. I recall M division publicly stated somewhere that they want owners to buy their cars, not lease.

And this idea has merit. I leased my car with an MSRP $9,000 lower than its M counterpart. But the leasing at that time on the M car was as stated above. That $9,000.00 difference in MSRP translated to a $500.00 difference in a monthly lease payment.
Pex,
Of course we are all speculating here but I don't agree with you. First off, BMW and every other auto manufacturer is trying to move vehicles right now. They also want buyers in the showroom looking at secondary vehicles..
It is my opinion that BMW is going to incentivize people to move into their ///M cars. And BMW has always known that people lease BMW's who own businesses for the write off's.. It's their main customer. And that's why they almost always lease well.

My X5 4.8is had a 58% residual, 3 year, 36,000 miles.

I'm thinking BMW will keep the money factor somewhere in 7%-8% - (.00292-.00333)
Residual at 58%.

So if the car is sold for $86,000, lease payment will be $1427 (not including tax.)

If the Residual is 50% (which in my experience, most BMW's never are), that makes the lease payment $1600.

And if you're a member of BMWCCA, you get $1500 cash back... So you only make 35 payments on a 36 month lease.

And that's not including any customer loyalty programs, etc.

"When two people agree on everything, one of them is not necessary" - Arliss

Sponsored Links