View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 03:04 PM

brian5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlee1 View Post
Brian,
Thank you for your thoughtful response.

The answer is rather complicated:

On my X5, I don't want to scroll through 1000 entries, just to find the one that I want, although the most commonly dialed ones will be in Top 8.

My dad has a older X5 with the combo bluetooth/BMW assist card. This car, for some reason, is much more finicky about address book entries. I can only get about 100 to load and they all have to be formatted on a particular way.

I was just joking with him this morning, that a $300 phone, is going to end up costing him 75K for new car.

He loves is X5 and does not want a new one.
So you only want to use the iPhone with your 2008 E70 --- you're not looking at using it on your dad's older X5?

On your car, you would not have to scroll through 1,000 entries. Worst case, you would select the first letter and then have to scroll (it would would still be painful).

I don't make a lot of calls from my car so my calls are typically to the Top 8 --- so the number of entries was never an issue.

Of course, you have voice-activated dialing that you can use too Haven't spent much time on that option myself but it did seem to work...

Last edited by brian5; 05-07-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Sponsored Links