View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 08:07 AM

zlee1 is on a distinguished road
I would need to iphone to work in my 2008 E70, my Dad's 2004 E53, and my Mom's 2008 E65.

In my X5 and in the 7er, I'm not too worried about importing the phone book. We usually dial by voice command, of by Top 8.

In the E53, I had a lot of problems. At that time you had to decide between BMW Assist or Bluetooth integration. We went with the Assist. Later on, BMW offered a new upgrade combo Assist/BT card. This card does not behave the same as the factory BT. The pairing procedure is different and complicated. Through extensive trial and error, I figured out how to upload the address book, with a specific category, to the car.

I did this quite a few years ago, but as I remember it: The bluetooth will not load a contact with multiple phone numbers. So, for example, my Dad's Outlook has two cards for me, one with all my info, emails and multiple phone numbers. Then he has a second card for me with ONLY the name, in the fill name field, and the phone number in the Business phone number field, attached to a BMW category. The name field has a limited amount of characters too, I don't remember exactly how many, but I had to abbreviate some of the names. Once I got it all together, I found out that the bluetooth will accept only about 100 names. Thus, the need to upload only one group (category) from the iPhone.

Thank you all again for your time.

Last edited by zlee1; 05-08-2009 at 08:23 AM.

Sponsored Links