View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 09:23 PM

scrpyomoon is on a distinguished road
Mexico GPS Data for Navigation System

Hi all! I am new here and LOVE my Mini that I bought a month ago.

I have a problem with the In dash NAV system that I hope someone can help with:

I am planning a trip to visit friends in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. I live in Virginia in the US. I have contacted both my Mini dealer and NAVTEQ and have been told that I cannot have access to the Mexico data. Basically, the official story is that the DVD players are coded by region and won't play the Mexico DVD, so therefore they won't even sell it.

Hmmm...I really don't understand the concept of turning away business, and I cannot get a straight answer as to WHY???? this is set up this way. After all, the DVD I own says right on the cover "North America." Last I checked, Mexico was in North America. It's not until you open the DVD that you see the "coverage" map. Canada: included. But no Mexico. No one seems to know why, even though people IN mexico get it standard. A bit of an aggravation after spending an extra $2000 on the NAV system.

So, I have 2 questions. WHY? and HOW to get around this? Thanks so much for any and all responses. I have GOOGLED, YAHOOED, and searched forums to no avail. Thank you again!

Michael

Sponsored Links